Consider How Being Sober Can Make You More Sexcessful
- You are more likely to be happy with your decision later.
- Sexual functioning is increased. Orgasms are more likely, vaginal dryness is less likely, and penises are more likely to get -- and stay -- erect (i.e., no whiskey dick!).
- Having clear judgment allows you to more effectively evaluate any possible consequences.
- You might be more likely to discuss STIs (including HIV), birth control, and safer sex practices.
- You might be more likely to communicate with your partner(s) about expectations. Do you want a relationship? Do you just want to hang out for the night? Do you want to be friends with benefits? Do you want to be exclusive? It can get complicated!
Note: UC Davis does not condone sex under the influence, and we are committed to providing honest, accurate health information to students without judgment. We use a data-driven, student-centered approach that emphasizes harm reduction and meeting students where they are.