Consider How Being Sober Can Make You More Sexcessful
- You are more likely to be happy with your decision later.
- Sexual functioning is increased. Orgasms are more likely, vaginal dryness is less likely, and penises are more likely to get -- and stay -- erect (i.e., no whiskey dick!).
- Having clear judgment allows you to more effectively evaluate any possible consequences.
- You might be more likely to discuss STIs (including HIV), birth control, and safer sex practices.
- You might be more likely to communicate with your partner(s) about expectations. Do you want a relationship? Do you just want to hang out for the night? Do you want to be friends with benefits? Do you want to be exclusive? It can get complicated!
Center for Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE)
Note: UC Davis does not condone sex under the influence, and we are committed to providing honest, accurate health information to students without judgment. We use a data-driven, student-centered approach that emphasizes harm reduction and meeting students where they are.