The Late Night Campus Events program was started after hearing from students that they wanted more opportunities to be social without alcohol on the weekends. The program has ranged from large-scale events hosted by campus to small events hosted by student groups. Currently, Health Education and Promotion offers small grants to registered student organization who would like to host a social event. These events can, but do not need to, take place on campus.
- Registered Student Organizations can apply for up to $200 for event supplies and/or food for a substance-free event.
- These events are intended to be for fun and connection.
- 4-6 awards will be given out each quarter.
- RSO's are eligible for funding once per academic year.
- Apply here!
- Please be sure to research the cost of supplies/rentals etc. before filling out the budget portion. Applications with estimates cannot be considered.
- Applications are due by Friday of week 3 winter quarter
- Be sure to follow @ucdsafeparty on Instagram for the most up to date information
- Applications will be reviewed mid quarter
- Awards will be given by the end of winter; the RSO will have one year to implement their event.
- Events must be on a Friday or Saturday night between the hours of 8pm and 12am.
- Events must be alcohol-free.
- Funding can be used on food, event supplies, gift card incentives, campus approved vendor giveaways, or campus-provided entities (e.g., renting a space and/or renting tables, AV equipment etc.)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to ask about whether other expenses can be covered.
- Generally, we cannot support personnel contracts, e.g., DJ, unless they are already a campus vendor.
- Events with a focus on inclusivity will be given extra consideration.
- RSO's who receive funding will need to submit all required paperwork/receipts, as well as conduct a short event questionnaire with participants.