Red Watch Band Program
Every Second Counts
Become a campus leader equipped with the skills to step up, care for your fellow Aggies and potentially save a life.
The Red Watch Band (RWB) program at UC Davis empowers students to make decisions, take actions and care for their peers during time-sensitive critical moments. This cost-free workshop encompasses an optional American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver CPR certification, and a student-centered upstander training with an emphasis on alcohol-related situations.
More information about UC Davis Red Watch Band:
- Promotes a culture of respect, compassion and responsibility among students
- Addresses high risk drinking and college drinking culture
- Provides students with skills and knowledge to prevent drinking deaths
- Requires active participation of student participants to be successful
- Facilitates active discussions about campus specific issues regarding alcohol
The RWB workshop consists of two parts:
- Upstander training focused on alcohol related situations, facilitated by UC Davis students and Health Education and Promotion Staff
- American Heart Association CPR training (Optional) **
Both components of the workshop will be offered on weekday evenings.
Winter 2017 Training
Tuesday January 17th | 7:00-8:30pm
Tuesday February 7th | 7:00-8:30pm
American Heart Association CPR Training**
Tuesday January 24th | 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday February 3rd | 9:30am - 12:00pm
Wednesday February 8th | 5:30 - 8:00
Tuesday March 7th | 7:00 - 9:30pm
*Same day registration is not guaranteed.
**You must complete Part 1 (Upstander training) before you can take Part 2 (CPR).