Red Watch Band Program
Every Second Counts
Become a campus leader equipped with the skills to step up, care for your fellow Aggies and potentially save a life.
The Red Watch Band (RWB) program at UC Davis empowers students to make decisions, take actions and care for their peers during time-sensitive critical moments. This cost-free workshop encompasses an optional American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver CPR certification, and a student-centered upstander training with an emphasis on alcohol-related situations.
More information about UC Davis Red Watch Band:
- Promotes a culture of respect, compassion and responsibility among students
- Addresses high risk drinking and college drinking culture
- Provides students with skills and knowledge to prevent drinking deaths
- Requires active participation of student participants to be successful
- Facilitates active discussions about campus specific issues regarding alcohol
The RWB program consists of two parts:
- Upstander Workshop focused on alcohol related situations, facilitated by UC Davis students and Health Education and Promotion Staff
- American Heart Association CPR training (Optional) **
Both components of the program will be offered on weekday evenings.
Wednesday January 24th | 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Thursday January 25th | 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Pending enough enrollment: Tuesday January 30th | 7:00pm - 8:30pm
American Heart Association CPR Training**
Tuesday February 6th | 6:30 - 9:00pm
Wednesday February 7th | 5:30 - 8:00pm
Thursday February 15th | 6:30 - 9:00pm
Tuesday February 20th | 7:00 - 9:30pm
Monday March 5th | 7:00 - 9:30pm
Wednesday March 7th | 5:30 - 8:00pm
*Same day registration is not guaranteed.
**You must complete Part 1 (Upstander Workshop) before you can take Part 2 (CPR).
Missed this quarter's RWB? Email email@example.com to be added to our RWB list and we will notify you of the next dates.