Have a Designated Driver (DD)
Everyone knows that drinking and driving is bad news. Police can arrest you if you are driving with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of 0.08 or more (.01 if under 21 and .04. for commercial vehicle drivers). Make sure to have a Designated Driver (DD) or a safe ride home.
- Plan who will be the DD ahead of time.
- Input local transportation numbers in your phone.
- Bring extra money, just in case.
- If you have your car but don’t have a DD, leaving your car overnight may be your best option. A fine is a small price to pay for getting home safely! The total cost of a DUI can total between $10,000 - $15,000.
- Take turns being the DD so one person isn’t the DD every time you go out.
- Include the DD in the fun without encouraging them to drink.
- Don’t let your friends ride with a DD who has started drinking.
- If your DD starts drinking, call someone else or local transportation for help.
RADD Designated Driver Rewards Program:
Designated Drivers Can Get a Free Drink
Non-drinking, sober designated drivers can get a free non-alcoholic beverage in the Davis and Sacramento RADD Partner Establishments listed below. Mention RADD and that you are the designated driver of your group.
Search RADD Bars/Restaurants